One Drop of Love is a multimedia one-woman show exploring the intersections of race, class and gender in search of truth, justice and LOVE.
One Drop is written, produced and performed by Fanshen Cox DiGiovanni.
ECKERD COLLEGE, ST. PETERSBURG, FL
WHEN: Thursday, September 15th 7:00PM
WHERE: Miller Auditorium, Eckerd College
4200 54th Avenue S
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
TICKETS: Free and open to community as well as students/staff
NEW YORK, NY – 42ND STREET
WHEN: DATE ADDED: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16 2PM
Thursday, October 13th 7:30PM SOLD OUT
WHERE: United Solo Theatre Festival/THEATRE ROW – The Studio Theatre
410 West 42nd Street
Between 9th and 10th Avenues
New York NY 10036
(click ‘The Studio Theatre’ above for a map)
TICKETS: Click here: Telecharge.com
*Be sure to choose Sunday, Oct 16 2PM*
for more show dates, click on our ‘APPEARANCES‘ link above
An audience member asks a tough question about #Colorism and #Aesthetics
What Audiences Are Saying:
(to see full quotes and more click our PRESS/REVIEWS page)
Vibrant and tremendously brave…”One Drop of Love” is an odyssey of love, of race and ultimately of redemption. . . Cox’s tale will break your heart even as it heals it.
– Junot Díaz, Pulitzer Prize Winner, MacArthur “Genius” Fellow, Professor of Writing at MIT.
“One Drop of Love” not only provided a spectacular performance by Fanshen Cox DiGiovanni, but was also one of the most socially important conversations the Fox has been able to help facilitate within our community…
– Allan Vella, President and CEO of the Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA
Fanshen Cox’s “One Drop of Love” interweaves the intimacy of personal experience with the larger social and political changes redefining race, gender and the kinship in America…
– Michele Elam, professor of English, Stanford University
Fanshen’s story is quite incredible, but it is her retelling of it that captures an audience… She is the kind of performer who will inspire people to embrace what makes them different and see it as a strength.
– Randall Arney, Artistic Director, Geffen Playhouse
“One Drop of Love” is funny, entertaining and moving.
– Kim Wayans, Actress: Pariah, In Living Color; Writer/Performer: A Handsome Woman Retreats
“One Drop of Love” is beautiful and brave… In this sometimes searing, sometimes funny, and always smart play she shows us both the terrible things we do to those we love and a way forward to a better future.
– Paul Spickard, professor of history at University of California, Santa Barbara
“One Drop of Love” is an hour of pure magic…
– Steven F. Riley, Owner/Curator www.MixedRaceStudies.org
…One Drop conquers racial issues with honesty and an open heart. Anyone who has ever felt out of place…or had a really crazy (but loving) family will really enjoy this.
– Angela Nissel, co-producer Scrubs; author: Broke Diaries, Mixed; writer on The Boondocks
In “One Drop of Love,” Fanshen Cox DiGiovanni offers a thought-provoking, informative, and moving exploration of race, racism, and what it means to identify as “culturally mixed…”
– Jennifer Zakkai, Education Projects Leader, Geffen Playhouse
Click the APPEARANCES link for a list of upcoming and past performances.